These terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) govern your entry into and participation in the promotion. Please read these terms carefully before entering as by entering you are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications related to the promotion, including advertising or promotional materials, these Terms and Conditions will take precedence. Please retain a copy of these Terms and Conditions for your information.
Promoter: Mars Petcare UK, 3D Dundee Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4LG.
- This promotion is open to registered members of the James Wellbeloved Breeder Club residing in the UK, excluding employees of the Promoter and their immediate families, affiliates, associated agents or anyone else professionally connected with the promotion.
- Entrants must be aged 18 years or over at the date of entry.
- No purchase necessary.
- Internet access and registration required.
- Bulk entries, entrants using multiple addresses, email addresses, numbers or via agents, third parties, organised groups syndicates, aliases or those automatically generated by computer will not be accepted. Entries received by any means other than as specified in these Terms and Conditions will be rejected. Any person persistently trying to circumvent the entry process will be disqualified immediately. No incomplete or corrupted entries from the same person will be accepted. The entry must be made directly by the person entering the promotion. Only genuine valid entries will be considered.
- The promotion will run from 00:09:00 on Saturday 14th October 2023 to 00:10:00 on Friday 20th October 2023 (the “Promotional Period”). Entries must be received within this time in order to be valid.
HOW TO ENTER FOR YOUR CHANCE TO WIN
- For the chance to win, entrants must fulfil all the below conditions:
- Be a registered member of the James Wellbeloved Breeder Club. To become a member, you will need to satisfy the following James Wellbeloved Breeder Club eligibility criteria: (note that non-members will also be required to create an account to sign up for the James Wellbeloved Breeder Club, providing their full name, valid U.K. address, contact number and a valid email address)
1.1 you must be: (i) a UK resident; (ii) aged 18 years or above; (iii) a dog or cat breeder within the meaning of clause 1.2; and (iv) registered with the Kennel Club, an equivalent governing body and/or the local council (with respect to breeding activities);
1.2 you must: (i) own a minimum of 1 breeding bitch or 1 entire male; (ii) own a minimum of 1 queen or 1 entire male; or (iii) be registered with the local council as a breeder (and have complied fully with all regulations and license requirements in relation to such registration); and
1.3 to maintain membership, you must: (i) produce a minimum of 1 litter every 2 years; and (ii) as a minimum, make one direct purchase of a James Wellbeloved Breeder Club product in each 6-month period;
- FOLLOW the James Wellbeloved Breeder Club Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/JamesWellbelovedBreederClubUK; and
- Locate the official competition post and upload a photo or comment that is relevant to the competition post, or submit an appropriate photo and/or comment to the breeder club team either by direct message to the James Wellbeloved Breeder Club Facebook page, text message to your Breeder Club representative, or email at email@example.com. Please do not dress up your pet for an entry photo. Submissions where a pet has been dressed up will be disqualified and not entered in the draw. The winner will be selected randomly, so the quality of an entry photo or comment will not impact that entrant’s chance of winning.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify and reject any inappropriate entries. All entry information is subject to verification and interrogation. Entry information may not be sold or exchanged.
- In the event of suspicious activity, the Promoter reserves the right to request and gather information or obtain further evidence to confirm the legitimacy of the entry / win.
- There is one prize to be won consisting of:
- A 3 month supply of James Wellbeloved cat food (3 x 10KG James Wellbeloved Cat Turkey & Rice Dry Kibble product).
- The prize is strictly non-transferable and must not be sold, auctioned nor advertised for sale whether on the internet, in newspapers or elsewhere. Any person found in breach of this term will be disqualified from participating. No cash alternatives or other alternative prize will be available in whole or in part, except in the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, whereby the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of equal or greater value. The prize will only be awarded directly to the Winner.
- In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion or the awarding of the prize, the Promoter reserves the right to suspend the promotion or amend these Terms and Conditions, at any stage, with no liability to any entrants or third parties, but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
- The winner will be selected at random using an independently supervised process following closure of the Promotional Period
- Thewinner will be announced on the James Wellbeloved Breeder Club Facebook page and contacted directly by the James Wellbeloved Breeder Club Team within 7 days of the closing date of the Promotion. The winner will be required to respond within 14 days confirming their acceptance of the prize and confirming the address to which their prize should be delivered. The prize will be delivered to the winner in 1 instalment.
- The Promoter will make reasonable efforts to contact the winner and then after successful contact, to receive the relevant information to allow fulfilment of the claim and arranging the prize dispatch. Inaccurate information may result in the prize being forfeited. If the winner has not responded to notifications after 14 working days or if the selected winner is ineligible, otherwise in breach of these Terms and Conditions, or unable to take up the prize for any other reason, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize and to forfeit the original winner’s claim and to reallocate the prize to an alternative winner from all remaining entries if possible. The winner should retain their notification email message until their win has been verified.
- The Promoter does not accept any responsibility in the event the winner is not able to take their prize for whatever reason, including in the event that the winner provides incorrect address details or due to postal delays or loss by the postal service.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter and its agents will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate entrants for any losses that may be incurred as a result of entering the Promotion and the Promoter does not accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of a winner’s acceptance of a prize except where such damage or loss is caused by the negligence of the Promoter or its agents. The winner’s statutory rights are not affected.
- No correspondence:The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw including winner selection is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into, except with the prize winner.
- By submitting a photo to enter into this competition, you consent to the use of this image and any accompanying text by the Promoter on the James Wellbeloved Breeder Club Facebook page and in marketing emails promoting the James Wellbeloved Breeder Club.
- The winner’s surname and their county will be available by posting your request and a SAE to James Wellbeloved Social Competition, Mars Petcare UK, 3D Dundee Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4LG within 3 months of the promotion closing.
- Should the winner object to their information being made available in this way, they should contact the Promoter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The Promoter may nevertheless disclose the information to the Advertising Standards Authority if required to do so.
- The name and contact details of the winner will be retained for 30 days after the prize has been fulfilled to allow the Promoter to deal with any queries from the winner. Surname and/or county details may be retained and made available to members of the public in accordance with Paragraph 22. In the event the winner requests for their personal data including phone number and address details to be deleted before the expiry of this period, the Promoter cannot be held responsible if such request means that it is unable to complete delivery of the winner’s prize or assist them following deletion of their phone number
- The Promoter is not responsible for any entries which fail to be registered or are delayed for any technical or other reason whatsoever. The Promoter cannot be held responsible if the winner does not receive their prize as a result of having provided incomplete or inaccurate address details.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the winner’s claim to the prize including asking for the winner's identity, including proof of age, (which they must provide within 14 days but which will not be retained following verification by the Promoter and redemption of the prize) and to refuse to award the prize or withdraw the prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions or any instructions forming part of the entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means. The Promoter will be the final arbiter in any decisions, and these will be binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to this clause.
- The Promoter may at its absolute discretion disqualify any participant found to be tampering with the application process or operation of the website or to be acting in any manner disruptive to the promotion.
- Sometimes, through reasons outside of the Promoters control, the James Wellbeloved Facebook page may not be accessible. The Promoter cannot guarantee continuous, uninterrupted access to the Facebook page. No responsibility will be accepted for any difficulties in entering, claiming or any entries/claims delayed or corrupted. The Promoter will have no liability for any loss arising out of such an event.
- Limitations of liability: insofar as permitted by law, neither the Promoter nor the promotional parties assume any responsibility or liability for:
- Any faulty, incorrect, errors or failed electronic data transmissions.
- Communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilised in any aspect of this promotion;
- Inaccessibility or unavailability of the internet or the website or any combination thereof;
- Insofar as permitted by law, any injury or damage to participants or to any other person’s computer which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the promotion.
- If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
- This promotion is not sponsored or endorsed by, nor associated with, Facebook. Entrants release Facebook from any and all liability arising out of or in connection with their participation in this promotion.
- This promotion and these Terms and Conditions (and any non-contractual disputes/claims which arise out of or in connection with them) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the parties to any dispute or action shall submit to the jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts. However, if you are resident in Scotland, you may bring your claim before the Scottish or English courts. If you are a resident in Northern Ireland, you may bring your claim before the Northern Irish or English courts.