We care for nature because
nature cares for our pets.
Here at James Wellbeloved™, nature is at the core of what we do. We take a lot of pride in producing quality pet food made with delicious natural ingredients that keep our pets happy, healthy and full of energy. So, quite frankly, without Mother Nature, we don’t know where we’d be.
We only use trusted suppliers, who can provide us with traceable ingredients. We survey them to ensure they are meeting our high quality standards.
Our Food Production
Our dry food factory in Castle Cary in the UK is sourced with 100% renewable electricity. In addition, all our factories have zero factory waste to landfill policy in place.
Our dog wet food in cans are 100% recyclable, and we are working hard to design all our packaging to be ready for recycling.
What are we working on to deliver against our sustainability commitment
- We are able to minimise waste because we are using animal protein sources from the food chain that would otherwise go to waste, and turning them into super premium pet food.
- 100% of our fish is sustainably sourced.
- We only work with trusted suppliers and all our ingredients are traceable.
- Our main factory in Castle Cary in the UK, is sourced with 100% renewable electricity.
- All our factories produce zero factory waste to landfill.
- All our wet dog food cans are 100% recyclable, and we are working hard to get our full product range into recyclable packaging.
- We are currently assessing and scoring the carbon impact of every ingredient and building an action plan to reduce our carbon footprint.
- Sustainable packaging is one of our top priorities. Our goal is to have 100% of our portfolio in recyclable packaging, and we are currently designing our packaging to be ready to meet this goal.
Find out more: Learn more about our commitment to the environment and becoming a more sustainable business, in the Mars Sustainability Plan