James Wellbeloved Breeder Club – Terms and conditions
By joining the James Wellbeloved Breeder Club (the “Club”), each individual registered Club member (a “Breeder”) agrees to abide by the following terms and conditions.
The Club is made available to Breeders by James Wellbeloved, a division of Direct2Pet Europe B.V (“JWB”, “we”, “us”, “our”).
- In order to join the Club, a Breeder must be: (i) a UK resident; (ii) aged 18 years or above; (iii) a dog or cat breeder within the meaning of clause 2; and (iv) registered with the Kennel Club, an equivalent governing body (such as The Governing Council of the Cat Fancy) and/or the local council (with respect to breeding activities).
- A Breeder must: (i) own a minimum of 1 breeding bitch or 1 entire male; (ii) own a minimum of 1 queen or 1 entire male; or (iii) be registered with the local council as a breeder (and have complied fully with all regulations and license requirements in relation to such registration).
- Internet access is required in order to participate in the Club. To join the Club, an individual can apply to register: (i) by phone on 0333 070 5971; (ii) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (iii) by direct message to the Club Facebook page (found here: www.facebook.com/JamesWellbelovedBreederClubUK); or (iv) by completing the online form at https://wellbeloved.com/pages/breeders-hub.
- In order to remain a member of the Club, a Breeder must: (i) produce a minimum of 1 litter every 2 years; and (ii) as a minimum, make one direct purchase (being via the Club website or by phone call to the Club team) of a Club Product (as defined below) in each 6-month period. Should a Breeder fail to fulfil these conditions their account shall become inactive.
- An individual who is not registered to the Kennel Club, an equivalent governing body or the local council may be eligible to join the Club but this will be subject to further investigation/validation by JWB.
- JWB shall consider each application to join the Club on an individual basis, and any individual’s eligibility to join the Club shall be decided at JWB’s sole discretion (acting reasonably).
- JWB will not accept: (i) bulk applications; (ii) applications made by an individual using multiple email addresses or aliases; (iii) applications automatically generated by a computer; (iv) incomplete or corrupted applications; or (v) applications made by an individual other than that named on the application. Any individual persistently trying to circumvent the application process will have their application rejected or membership cancelled immediately. JWB will only consider genuine valid applications.
Membership of the Club
- The Club is for the exclusive use of Breeders.
- Upon JWB’s approval of a Breeder’s application to join the Club, the Breeder will be granted access to the Club website. Breeders must keep their account/password details confidential, and are responsible for misuse of any such details.
- JWB reserves the right to terminate the Club membership of any Breeder who: (i) is found to be in breach of these terms and conditions; or (ii) has given JWB good reason to do so (including but not limited to where the Breeder acts in any way which could harm the Club or any of its members).
- If a Breeder’s account becomes inactive, their membership of the Club will be terminated without notice.
- Breeders are responsible for notifying JWB if their details change or if they become aware that their account and/or password is being used by a third party.
- Breeders may cancel their Club membership at any time by contacting JWB using the details set out in clause 10 Upon cancellation, any unused Credit accrued in a Breeder’s account will be forfeited and cannot be redeemed.
- As Club members, Breeders will receive the following benefits:
- exclusive reduced pricing of certain Products (being those featured on the Club website, the “Club Products”), applicable to orders over a specified value (as specified at the time of placing an order);
- price match promise (being if a Breeder can provide evidence Club Products are sold for a lower price by another retailer, JWB shall match that lower price);
- discount and promotional codes;
- free puppy and kitten packs to be gifted by JWB to New Owners (as defined below);
- free next day shipping (to mainland UK addresses only (i.e. excluding Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands)) on orders of Club Products totalling £75 or more;
- free Products for each litter where you register that litter with JWB in accordance with clause 1(d) (being 15kg of food for litters of puppies, or 4.5kg of food for litters of kittens); and
- the opportunity to earn Credit (as defined below).
- Club benefits are offered at JWB’s discretion and may change at any time.
- All Club benefits (including but not limited to discounts, promotional codes and Credit) are not transferable, and Breeders must not use Club benefits for sale, resale or barter.
- As Club members, Breeders will receive the following benefits:
- As a result of certain actions listed below in clause 4, Breeders can earn breeder shop credit redeemable against the purchase price of Club Products on the Club website (“Credit”). A Breeder’s ability to redeem Credit is subject to Club Product availability at the time of attempted redemption.
- Credit has no cash redemption value and cannot be exchanged for cash payments. Credit may be only applied against the purchase price of qualifying Club Products and cannot be applied against sales tax or shipping/handling charges.
- In order to redeem Credit, the Breeder must place the relevant order by phone using the contact details set out in these terms and conditions.
- Breeders can earn:
- a £5 Credit for each New Owner who claims a puppy or kitten pack (as applicable) from JWB;
- a £10 Credit for each New Owner who makes their first purchase on wellbeloved.com;
- a £20 Credit for each new Breeder which is accepted as a member of the Club following your recommendation of that Breeder; and
- a £20 Credit where you are approved as a new member of the Club, and were recommended by an existing Breeder.
- The opportunity to earn Credit in accordance with clauses 4(c) and 4.4(d) (the “Recommendation Scheme”) is subject to JWB’s recommendation scheme terms and conditions (which can be found at Schedule 1).
- You will no longer be able to benefit from any Credit earned:
- as soon as your Club account becomes inactive following termination of that account in accordance with clause 4 above; or
- if JWB ceases to operate the Club for any reason (however JWB will give 30 days’ notice of any such cancellation in accordance with clause 1) .
- JWB accepts no responsibility in the event that Credit is redeemed by an unauthorised third party following a Breeder failing to keep their account/password details confidential. No balance will be held in a Breeder account in the event that the value of a redeemed Credit exceeds the cost of the Club Products in the order against which the Credit is redeemed.
- All Breeders must:
- use James Wellbeloved products (“Products”) as the primary food given to their litters;
- actively recommend the Products to all purchasers of puppies or kittens from their litters (“New Owners”);
- actively recommend JWB puppy and kitten packs to New Owners, and provide the applicable digital sign up form relating to such packs upon request;
- register new litters with JWB within 4 weeks of the date of birth; and
- (if the Breeder has a website and/or social media pages) add a hyperlink to the JWB website and social media pages from their own website and/or social media pages (however Breeders must not use any of JWB’s intellectual property when creating such hyperlink).
- Breeders must not:
- recommend any competing pet food product to New Owners;
- denigrate or disparage the Products in any way;
- resell any Club Products or JWB puppy/kitten packs (unless that specific resale has been approved by JWB in writing, and the Breeder has agreed terms and conditions of resale with JWB); or
- transfer Club benefits to any third party.
- All Breeders must:
- The Club only supports ethical breeding practices.
- Breeders must not breed from a bitch/queen which (at the point of birth) is under 12 months old, or over 8 years old.
- Breeders must ensure that no more than 6 litters are produced by one bitch/queen over its lifetime.
- JWB shall have no liability for any losses arising out of correspondence which has been lost or damaged in transit, where such loss or damage was in no way the fault of JWB.
- JWB shall not be liable for failure or delay in performing any of its obligations under these terms and conditions if such failure or delay is solely due to circumstances beyond JWB’s reasonable control.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit JWB’s liability in respect of death or personal injury caused by JWB’s negligence, or in any other way that is prohibited under applicable laws.
Changes to the Club and these terms and conditions
- JWB reserves the right to cancel, suspend, modify or restrict any aspect (or the whole) of the Club (including but not limited to the benefits offered) at any time at JWB’s sole discretion. JWB will give you 30 days’ notice (by email and via the Club website) prior to any significant changes to the Club becoming effective.
- JWB reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time at JWB’s sole discretion. Any changes JWB makes to these terms and conditions will be effective immediately on posting to the Club website. You should review these terms and conditions frequently to ensure you understand the terms and conditions that apply to the Club. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any major updates and modifications to these terms and conditions before they become effective. Your continued participation in the Club following any modifications being introduced will signify your acceptance of the revised terms and conditions. If you do not agree to any changes you should terminate your participation in the Club immediately.
- JWB may make changes to the Club or these terms and conditions even though such changes may affect a Breeder's ability to use Credit already earned.
- The terms and conditions governing your use of the Club website can be found here, and these terms apply to you as if they were included in these terms and conditions.
- While it is JWB’s objective to make the Club accessible at all times, the Club and the Club website may be unavailable from time to time for any reason including, without limitation, due to a service interruption or for routine maintenance. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal of the Club or Club website. You agree that JWB shall not be liable for any damages arising from any such interruption, suspension or termination which was solely caused by circumstances outside JWB’s control.
- If any of these clauses are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then it shall be severed and deleted, and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
- These terms and conditions are subject to the laws of England and Wales.
- Contact us
Should you need to contact JWB for any reason in connection with these terms and conditions, either call the Club team on 0333 070 5971 or email email@example.com.
Schedule 1: Recommendation Scheme terms and conditions
- The Recommendation Scheme is open to all Breeders.
- Subject to clause 4(ii), no purchase is necessary in order to benefit from the Recommendation Scheme.
- Any person persistently trying to circumvent the requirements and/or limitations of these terms and conditions will no longer be entitled to benefit from the Recommendation Scheme.
How to participate in the Recommendation Scheme
- As explained in clauses 4(c) and 4.4(d), Breeders can earn a £20 Credit by participating in the Recommendation Scheme.
- To earn the £20 Credit, you must fulfil all the below conditions:
- the individual who refers the new member (the “Referrer”) must be a Breeder;
- the new member who is recommended (the “Referee”) must fulfil the eligibility requirements set out in clause 1; and
- the Referee must apply to join the Club in accordance with clause 3 and (during the application process) state the name of the Referrer.
- The £20 Credit will be credited to both the Referrer and the Referee upon JWB’s approval of the Referee’s application to join the Club. The £20 Credit will only be awarded directly to the Referrer and Referee respectively.
- JWB reserves the right to reject any inappropriate applications submitted in conjunction with the Recommendation Scheme, at its sole discretion (acting reasonably).
- All information submitted to JWB in connection with the Recommendation Scheme is subject to verification and interrogation, and such information may not be sold or exchanged. In the event of suspicious activity, JWB reserves the right to request or obtain further evidence to confirm the legitimacy of an application (including but not limited to the Referrer/Referee’s identity or proof of age). Such evidence must be provided within 14 days of JWB’s request. Any evidence submitted will not be retained following verification by JWB and award of the £20 Credit. JWB reserves the right to refuse: (i) to award the £20 Credit; and/or (ii) an individual’s further participation in the Recommendation Scheme, where there are reasonable grounds to believe a Referrer or Referee has: (A) breached these terms and conditions; or (B) gained an unfair advantage with respect to the Recommendation Scheme by using fraudulent means. JWB’s decision with respect to such matters will be final and conclusive.
- No cash alternatives or other alternative prize to the £20 Credit will be available in whole or in part, except (where the £20 Credit is unavailable due to circumstances outside JWB’s reasonable control) JWB reserves the right to substitute (at its sole discretion, acting reasonably) the £20 Credit for prizes of equal or greater value.
- The £20 Credit must be redeemed in accordance with clause 4.
- With respect to the Recommendation Scheme only, this Schedule will prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials.
- JWB is not responsible for any applications which fail to be registered or are delayed for any technical or other reason whatsoever caused by the Referrer and/or Referee. JWB will not be responsible if the Referrer and/or Referee does not receive £20 Credit as a result of having provided incomplete or inaccurate details.
Promotions and coupons
From time to time, we may send you a discount code or post one on our website. In that case, and in addition to any specific terms stated alongside the discount code, the conditions set out in this paragraph shall apply.
- All discount codes are applied to the value of the order (subject to any maximum stated in relation to that discount code), excluding delivery costs and are subject to our general Terms and Conditions.
- The customer must be aged 18 years or over
- If a promotional / coupon code is used, the applicable code for the concerned offer must be entered in the "Promotion code" field when ordering on the Website, or orally if you place an order by telephone and the coupon is valid for said order.
- Promotional codes or coupons cannot be used in combination with other promotions or coupons; only one promotional or coupon code can be used per transaction and the amount of that promotional code or coupon is deducted from the balance of the shopping cart.
- Direct2Pet reserves the right to restrict the use of promotional / coupon codes for payment of certain products, weight, certain shipping charges and expedited shipping charges, which will be disclosed on the applicable code or coupon. Unless otherwise specified in the terms and conditions of the offer, online discount coupons are not valid in Direct2Pet stores or any other point of sale where Direct2Pet products are sold.
- Promotional codes / coupons cannot be used for orders made as part of a subscription. As an exception, you can use a promotional code / coupon for the first order of your subscription.
- We reserves the right to discontinue discount codes at any time without prior notice and/or to change the amount required for eligibility.
- Our online store is available for non-commercial customers only. We reserve the right to refuse orders from businesses to orders that we consider are for commercial or other non-domestic concerns. We reserve the right not to supply products to individual customers in response to orders where it is reasonable to assume they will be reselling them. The products are not intended for resale. If you are reseller please contact your wholesale salesperson, if you are a breeder please reach out to our breeders team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Free puppy/kitten packs
- Eligible customers with specific unique code acquired from James Wellbeloved Breeders are eligible to get free kitten or puppy pack via wellbeloved.com
- 18 years and over only. This offer is only valid on wellbeloved.com using the code contained above.
- Code may only be used once
- Kennel Club Puppy Club
New customers are eligible to get a free Puppy Pack with the unique code received.
Offer is limited to one redemption per household and applies only to the new puppy pack.
18 years and over only.
This offer is only valid on wellbeloved.com using the code received. Code may only be used once.
Subscriber: 1 discount per order, offer cannot be combined with 10% off subscription offer.
The code is only valid from 1st February until 31st December 2024 at 11.59pm
SCHEDULE 2: Agria Partnership Terms and Conditions
- Eligibility and Promotion Period:
- The Agria Partnership Promotion ("Promotion") is open to new members joining the James Wellbeloved Breeder Club ("Club") between 21.12.2023 and 29.02.2024 ("Promotion Period").
- To be eligible for the Promotion, breeders must quote the code "Agria" during the Club application process.
- The Promotion is subject to approval by the James Wellbeloved™ Breeder Team ("Breeder Team"). Approval is at the sole discretion of the Breeder Team, and their decision is final.
- £20 Store Credit:
- Breeders who quote "Agria" and are approved during the Promotion Period will receive £20 in James Wellbeloved Breeder Store credit ("Store Credit").
- The Store Credit is redeemable against the purchase of Club Products on the Club website, subject to availability.
- The Store Credit is subject to the same terms and conditions outlined in the James Wellbeloved Breeder Club Terms and Conditions. Please refer to the Club Terms and Conditions for details on the use and limitations of the Store Credit.
- Club Membership:
- To qualify for the Promotion, breeders must be new members of the James Wellbeloved Breeder Club.
- Existing Club members are not eligible for the Promotion.
- Promotion Withdrawal:
- James Wellbeloved™ reserves the right to withdraw or terminate the Promotion at any time and for any reason.
- Notice of any withdrawal or termination of the Promotion will be communicated through the Club website and other relevant channels.
- Participation in the Promotion constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- By quoting "Agria" during the application process, breeders agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- James Wellbeloved™ reserves the right to disqualify any breeder who breaches the terms and conditions or engages in any fraudulent or inappropriate conduct.
- The Promotion is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.
- These terms and conditions are subject to the laws of England and Wales.